Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aspect Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris8885

MIS
Feb 15, 2007
GB
Hi All,

We have a problem with our Aspect system and need some help.

I came in this morning and all our reports for the previous day were blank! I checked the activity log and very early on in the day before there was an error:

"Backup system declared dead"

This means we are now just running on the primay server but I dont know how/why this has affected the reporting??

We have no maintanence contract with Aspect so this is a major issue and I would be gratfull if anyone has any advice of how to fix this??

Many Thanks

Chris

What version? If your backup controller is dead, more than likely there was some hardware failure in the controller and/or you have not rebooted it in awhile. At this point the 2 controllers are not in sync. Ever so often it is good practice to reboot the controllers. You would need to have access to the backup controller to see if you can bring it online and/or login and see what failed. For the reporting, what are you using? Crystal? Did the nightly collapse happen? If it didn't and your reports are going off detail tables, the data won't be there for the given day because they are still in the call today tables.

Thanks for the reply.

Ive managed to fix the reports, we use seagate info 7.5 and it was pointing at the backup for the reports. Ive changed this to the primary and its working again.

I am faily new to Aspect and have had no formal training so not that confident yet. How do you access the backup controller? We are using version 8.0.2 i belive.

What risks are there in rebooting?

Thanks again,

Chris

You have to login to the backup controller. I am assuming a monitor and keyboard are hooked up by the Aspect ACD. You would need to login as administrator. You can do a manual reboot on the backup without affecting anything. If it comes back up and online resync can be done to bring it back in sync with the primary. Rebooting the primary has major risks. But again, eventually you are going to have to bring both controllers down. I mean this is NT and it can't run forever without doing a clean refresh/reboot. I would contact the vendor to see if you can do a time and materials contract to get both systems in sync again and have them just do a look over the whole thing. This is the safest way.

Thanks again for the advice.

Unfortunately I have already contacted Aspect to enquire about starting a new contract. There are some complications because the previous company who owned the site owe a lot of money to Aspect and because of this they are quoting us silly amounts that we cant afford.

So we are pretty much on our own until we get an entire new system in place (6-8 weeks).

There is a monitor and keyboard hooked up, however nobody onsite has the password to log in and Aspect will not give it to us.

Can you see anyway around this?

Do you have your ACD on your domain? If so, a domain admin should be able to login. Not all sites have it on the domain though. Without being able to login to it, no way around it really. A hard reboot is always possible, but again a risky thing since you can't login to the box. You may have to go the 6-8 weeks on primary and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back