Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aspect experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJW

Technical User
Aug 20, 2001
GB
Anybody have any interesting tales of Aspect horror stories?
I have a few to share!.

All I can say is Version 8 is not all it is cracked up to be. Our switches have been down more since the upgrade than ever before.

What areas are crashing\not working properly? I have to say that considering its Aspect, the rel 8's seem to be ok.
Although, 6 still remains my preferred release.

Yeah .. I used to work for Aspect and I have to agree that the Rel 6 is a favorite with everyone. It is funny because now they are starting to act like lucent and do forced upgrades. I can see that as a company you have to, but companies do not care if the switch is not covered any longer because it never went down in the first place. Compared to the horrable release 7. As you can see I am no longer with them and I am now selling competitor products, Lucent and Nortel. I really like Aspect as a company, but I think that they need to get their Sh*@ together.

So far rel. 8 has been pretty good for me. But I didn't have much choice because rel. 7.2.0 had a huge bug in it that caused it to shut down on me when I reached a certain call volume. Very annoying!

In general Aspect has been pretty good, I have many of their products, but I don't like this new policy of forced upgrades. I have over 150 reports that run each day on R.Runner, that I am going to have to convert. Although RRunner is such a bear to deal with, I'll be glad to be rid of it.

Enough whining...now back to work! ;)

To set things straight on SirWilliamB 's remark about Lucent now known as AVAYA.

I used to work for them and, AVAYA does not force you to upgrade. If a release is not supported anymore in their maintanence contracts you have the opportunity to upgrade to the latest release without uograding the call center software. In that way you call center works as it always did adn for a reasonable price you are back in maintenance.

Aside from that I used to waork for AVAYA, since 2 years I work for a Vendor that sells the AVAYA port folio and in the last 9 months we installed 7 DEFINITY call center platforms at site's that used to work with the ASPECT r6 platform.
All site's are very delighted about their new call center platform.
phone9ani.gif

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back