Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aspect ACD wrapup table - adding descriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmppdx

Technical User
Dec 4, 2002
US
The Aspect table definition document describes a table called wrapup that is used to store descriptive text to associate with a wrap-up code in a custom report. However, we do not know how to access the table through the Aspect interface (8.3). Is anyone using this table, and if so, how do you access it? In addition, is it possible to match the descriptions to specific scripts? For instance, script 1/code 1 = "Help Desk" and script 2/code 1 = "Warranty".

Hello, I've never used that table since 1997.
The wrap-up codes are defined in the scripts-table and then associated to the applications.
In the reports I have to look at the application-number in the detail-record to distinguish the meaning of the entered values...

I know what you are saying about the SCRIPT table, but it seems that you can only store the prompt there. For example "Enter a call code". You can also store an expected response, (Code will be a range from 1 to 9). However, I would also like to store the description for the returned prompt. As it stands now, the detail record tells me that 3 was entered which ties into script 2 by way of the application, but nothing inside of Aspect tells me what a code of 3 means. Our current solution is to maintain a table outside of aspect with the columns [ScriptID],[CallCode],[CallCodeDescription] which we use for generating reports. I would much rather maintain the descriptions within the Aspect system. How did you access the WRAPUP table in the past?

Sorry, I've never used the WRAPUP table. And you're right, there is nothing in the interface to fill it with values.
But digging deep in memory, I begin to remember...
The keyword in the description of the table is "custom reports". Long time ago we were running rel.6 and used TCS for Workforce-Management. That times, Aspect offered a "Custom-Reports" package. The reports where defined by aspect-techs and stored in the ACD. There was a function in the old interface to start these predefined reports, nothing else.
Output of the reports was printed to serial ports, TCS captured the data and imported it into their own DB...
I think the WRAPUP table just has not been kicked to dumb like some other tables. Like the TAPELOG table: using rel.6 every backup to tape was logged in that table, very nice! But today using rel.8 it contains just nothing...

Perhaps you can convince Aspect to grant you apropriate rights to the table to be able to fill it using the oracle-client... Sorry, I've never used the WRAPUP table. And you're right, there is nothing in the interface to fill it with values.
But digging deep in memory, I begin to remember...
The keyword in the description of the table is "custom reports". Long time ago we were running rel.6 and used TCS for Workforce-Management. That times, Aspect offered a "Custom-Reports" package. The reports where defined by aspect-techs and stored in the ACD. There was a function in the old interface to start these predefined reports, nothing else.
Output of the reports was printed to serial ports, TCS captured the data and imported it into their own DB...
I think the WRAPUP table just has not been kicked to dumb like some other tables. Like the TAPELOG table: using rel.6 every backup to tape was logged in that table, very nice! But today using rel.8 it contains just nothing...

Perhaps you can convince Aspect with $$$ to grant you apropriate rights to the table to be able to fill it using the oracle-client. But that's very unlikely.
Let me know what they say.
Good luck,
Chris

Basically, you'll need to get Aspect to grant whatever account you use to access the database (usually DTA) write privledges to the wrapup table. We did this in the past, but I can not remember if, or how much Aspect charged for the privledge.

After we got the permissions, we created an application that made it nice and easy to edit the wrap code descriptions.

The other option (I believe was mentioned above), is to use a datascript to have the agents enter a given code, then create a lookup table that has the codes and descriptions. A little more work, but doable.

Thanks for the assistance. I decided to go with the custom lookup table and it is working fine. Aspect confirmed what was said here; the WRAPUP table is a legacy object that was made obsolete with Info View reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back