Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASPCOMPW.exe process

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmem

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
US
What is a ASPCOMPW.exe process? This process is being invoked (confirmed through Task Manager->Processes) whenever the procomm starts. My application invokes the procomm program to execute a script. But I noticed the above mentioned process starts and the ASPCT script hangs.

Any ideas?
Appreciate your help.

ASPCOMPW.EXE is the ASPECT compiler. If you are specifying a .was file instead of the compiled .wax script and the .was file has newer contents than the compiled file, then ASPCOMPW.EXE will be invoked to compile a newer version of the script. I don't believe this file should be active if you are just running Procomm and the compiled script is current, but I haven't tested that theory.
aspect@aspectscripting.com

thanks for the update.
I am invoking the .wax file but if I compile the script thru the ProComm editor, the compiled filename is truncated and does not match the one on the .was file.
For Instance, the scource file is tUserEntry.was, after compile step the .wax file is tUserE~1.wax.

So I renamed the .wax file to match exactly the source script filename and it worked.

Thanks agian, knob! Appreciate it.

how do you make it compile a file and set the include path from the dosprompt?

ASPCOMPW /I c:\inc location script.was

what am I doing wrong? is it an I or L and is it then the location of the inc file, then the name of the file ur compiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back