Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladin

ISP
Feb 5, 2000
US
I am running Windows 2000 Pro and I think that the company I'm working for is going to be laying off our whole web department and programming group. Our system is all UNIX and we don't use ASP at all but since I am going to have to be looking for a new job soon I would like to learn ASP before we get layed off so I can start my own web server that runs ASP. Now, I use HOMESITE 4.5 that will allow me to build asp pages but i can't get them to work on my computer and since my ISP at home and the company I work for doesn't support ASP I have no web space to try them out on. I know I can configure my computer to allow me to view them right on my machine but i'm not sure exactly what I need to do. I installed the IIS feature and that did nothing so I'm lost. Any help that can be provided is greatly appreciated. Ladin
matchu_14@hotmail.com

Build computers, C++, Tech support for 1 1/2 years, Web Development using MySQL, MINTI, Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Homesite, and of course, HTML.

I'm not familiar with Homesite at all, but you can get Microsoft Personal Webserver for free from Microsoft, and if you install the FrontPage extensions that come with it, it will process ASP pages on your computer (when you run them through the server such as
If you want a book recommendation, Wrox makes a great ASP programmer's reference or a full ASP guide (they're red books with big yellow letters, "ASP 2.0 Programmer's Reference").

Hope that helps. Maybe someone else can help you with Homesite. Harold Blackorby
hblackorby@scoreinteractive.com
St. Louis, MO

I'm on WIN2K Pro and I can't get the Microsoft Personal Webserver to the best of my knowledge. Any other ideas? Ladin
matchu_14@hotmail.com

Build computers, C++, Tech support for 1 1/2 years, Web Development using MySQL, MINTI, Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Homesite, and of course, HTML.

IIS supports ASP. If you have installed IIS correctly then you should be start writing your pages now. I would suggest going out and buying a couple different ASP books to help you get started.

Wushutwist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back