Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP vs Data Access Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keberhard

Programmer
Mar 11, 2002
US
I am just getting started with the onine database stuff. I am wondering when it is appropriate to use ASP and when it is appropriate to use Data Access Pages. Is there anyone with some examples.

Thanks!

Keb: Take my advice - go directly to ASP.NET. It's very straight forward, for the most part, and you can use OLE DB connection to Access or SQL Server. Lots of examples around and good books.

Asp/VBScript are a dying breed. Also, Cold Fusion is behind "dot" NET, or if it isn't, it will soon be.

If you need any help with references or code getting started with ASP.NET let me know and I'll provide you with my email for starters and some good book references, etc...

Also, Tek-Tips has an ASP.NET Forum, and lots of us newbies over there...and much help too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back