Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP VBScript problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMooreJr

Technical User
Feb 20, 2003
US
Hey all...I'm trying to create a page that ask students for:

Their name
E-mail Address
Company

and then I have a list of Check boxes with classes they may be interested in.

I followed the examples on the Dreamweaver MX files page given to me earlier, but I constantly get "cannot display page" errors on my .asp pages, or it asks me to save it to my local drive.

Any suggestions on what in the heck I'm doing wrong? I'm just trying to send this info to my work mailbox (Outlook) Thanks for all your help!!

my pages are:

"classes.asp". This is the main page with a form. the form has a submit button and the form itself has the action property set to POST at "classes_info.asp".

classes_info.asp is just code that is the following:

<% @language="VBSCRIPT" %>
<%
Dim myMail, myBody
myBody ="Name: "& request.form("name") & vbcrlf & "Company: " & request.form("company") & vbcrlf & "E-Mail: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("email") & vbcrlf & "MS Word: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("msword") & vbcrlf & "MS Access: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("msaccess") & vbcrlf & "MS Powerpoint: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("mspowerpoint") & vbcrlf & "MS Excel: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("msexcel") & vbcrlf & "msfrontpage: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("msfrontpage")

Set myMail = Server.CreateObject ("CDONTS.NewMail")
myMail.From = request.form("email")
myMail.To = "cmoore@nhrichmond.com"
myMail.Subject = "Class Information"
myMail.Body = myBody
myMail.Send
set myMail=nothing

Response.Redirect("classes_thanks.asp")
%>

classes_thanks.asp is just a simple thank you page.

Turn off the "Show friendly http error messages in IE - Tools - options - advanced tab, and post the exact error message you get.

Dodge20

hmmm...I found out what the problem is..the mail server is resides on is a Unix server, which doesn't support ASP...hmmm...I've only done this with ASP VBScripting, is there another option?

"The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you learned this afternoon

the exact error message is:

"METHOD NOT ALLOWED"

which I guess means it doesnt support ASP!

"The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you learned this afternoon

I would check with your hosting company. They probably support php, and there are mail options for php.

Dodge20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back