Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP VBSCRIPT Function fails if in dynamic include

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjob

Programmer
Jul 16, 2002
GB
I am dynamically including a VBScript function along with an XML reader class into ASP. I use the Filesystem object and Execute string method to produce the dynamic inclusion. I do a similar thing in a vbs script, except I don't have to dynamically load the function. In the vbs script that XML reader object is loaded and works

In the ASP, the XML reader class seems to be
loaded OK, but attempting to use the function causes a Type Mismatch error. I'm assuming the problem is that the normal ASP thinks the include function is an array and the call

TagContents = getTagContents("XML_Tag")

thus generates Type Mismatch, has anyone come across this before, and/or do they have a fix for this?

Thanks in anticipation

John

I'm assuming the problem is that the normal ASP thinks the include function is an array

Sort of.
It's because the function does not exist as a UDF. Function names are evaluted on the first pass and as the Execute method cannot create UDF references ...

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Woo Hoo! the cobblers kids get new shoes.
People Counting Systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Thanks Chris, I was afraid of that. I've given you a star even though it is bad news :cool:

regards

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back