Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP TransformNode not working with new XLS namespace !

Status
Not open for further replies.

colly9

Programmer
Sep 10, 2002
GB
Since upgrading from NT4 to Windows 2000 my ASP code to generate HTML from XML files has stopped working.

My XSL starts with:
<xsl:stylesheet version=&quot;1.0&quot; xmlns:xsl=&quot;

When calling transformNode, rather than applying the XSL file to an XML file and generating HTML, the actual contents of the XSL file are being returned.

If I change the XSL files namespace to:
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl=&quot;
then the transformation works (provided that it is simple XSL)

What is happening ? I have MSXML3 & 4 installed (and everthing else for that matter). I am at my wits end. Bloody Microsoft, a simple upgrade, grumble grumble.....

I fixed this. It was the server running the wrong version of msxml.

Changing from:
set objXML = Server.CreateObject(&quot;Microsoft.XMLDOM&quot;)

to:
Set objXML = Server.CreateObject(&quot;MSXML2.DOMDocument&quot;)

gave a &quot;msxml2.dll: Invalid Parameter&quot; error, so I was quite confident that I needed to alter the setup of the msxml.

I used instxml.exe to remove all my current msxml's, then reinstalled msxml3 - however, the problem persisted. I used regsvr32 etc etc, and nothing worked.

so, remembering what I did with the old NT box, I Installed IE6 on the server.

After reboot, MSXMLSniffer tells me that I am running msxml3 in replace mode, and hey presto, it works !

Colly9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back