Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP to PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesleint

IS-IT--Management
Apr 11, 2003
US
Can anyone recommend a good book or website that teaches someone that knows ASP how to code PHP

I recommend you start with the PHP online manual: . There is a basic tutorial there.

While at the online manual, I further recommend that you familiarize yourself with the layout of the manual. PHP is organized as families of functions, so the manual is organized, for the most part, the same way PHP is organized.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!!

hi lesleint

the book i chose is php & mysql for dummies, but i use it more of a reference, than instructions,

PHP and ASP are very similar with a few minor changes..

i would recommend that book

I am doing just that...I just started learning PHP and I have knowledge of ASP...I've lucked out and got 2 really good books!

Beginning PHP 4 - its a programmer to programmer book
ISBN: 1861003730
PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites - by: Larry Ullman
ISBN: 0321186486

Both books are great! The second one is doing a great job at teaching me PHP and MySQ. If you want to set up a website with MySQL connectivity the second is perfect. Don't let the cheapness of the book fool you!

Both at Indigo.ca

Good Luck!

CES

And you can't forge about the amazing people in this forum!!

Thanks all, will look into all of these for help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back