Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Server Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

josefo123

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2005
AR
Hi!
I have a website that was hosted on a win2000 server and didnt have any problems. I changed my host provider and hosted it on win2003 server and now I'm having trouble!
It will hang the asp process and it must be restarted in order to access any asp page.
If I enter it will open but if I change text.txt to any asp file nothing happens untill the pool is restarted.
I had my site on sql, I changed to access to see if that works but its the same.
Does anyone know whats happening? I'm desperate!
Thank you!

What happens if you bring up an asp page that doesn't connect to your sql box?

i.e.

<% @language=vbscript%>
<html>
<body>
<% response.write "this is a test" %>
</body>
</html>

If it runs and it is just you db code that fails, what is sql seeing (you can run the sqlprofie tool to see connect attempts and this can be very usefull)

Also

what is the account that your Webserver is running under? Does it have a "login" to your sql system?

Also

what ver of DotNet (aspx) is your iis system running? 1.0 1.1 or 2.0

Rob

Sorry, I really don't think this is a sql issue, it seems more like the asp.dll doesn't exist on the server (which is strange)

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back