Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Scheduled Task

Status
Not open for further replies.

christoferz

Programmer
Jan 7, 2008
Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on a project that requires me to run a queue based on ASP code. I am trying to run it as a Windows Scheduled Task, but am not able to find a solution.

So far, I have tried to rewrite the ASP as VBS, but have been unable to do so since there are several includes to other ASP pages. I have also tried to run it through a scheduled task with IE (in a bat file, calling IE, then calling the asp page directly), but have had no success with this either.

I tried to use PHP to redirect the header, but am referencing it incorrectly as well.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. The code currently sits on our server, so the task is being generated from there (if that helps).

Thanks in advance for any help,

Christofer

You will need to post the code, but from what your say I thing you could do this vbs, just hard code the code where ever the includes would be in the vbs. I am not sure if you can run includes with vbs.

Was the task was something like this:
[tt]iexplore "[/tt]

If you are hitting a permissions error try running it as administrator with desktop interactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back