Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asp pages won't execute on NT server

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmulligan

Programmer
Oct 10, 2000
US
I am running nt server 4.0 with iis 4.0, I can't get my asp pages to run. I get a 500 Internal Server Error in the event log, but no error in the browser, it just hangs there forever. I am able to view any html page, but no asp pages with scripts, I have script access enabled on the Virtual Directory, and I .asp is in the application configuration and pointing to the correct file (asp.dll) Has anyone ever had this probelm before?? [sig][/sig]

Could there be a problem with your asp pages? If you have an

On Error resume Next

statement in your asp page, and you don't have the required error handling. If an error that would normally take you to your error page occurs, the asp page will appear to just hang there (I know, I have been there). So you might want to look at the asp page and comment out the On error resume next line. Try out the page and see if you get an error page then. Hopefully you will and you can check out the error and correct it in the page.

I don't know if this will help but it might :) [sig]<p>Crystal<br><a href=mailto:crystals@genesis.sk.ca>crystals@genesis.sk.ca</a><br><a href= > </a><br>--------------------------------------------------<br>
Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing.<br>
-Oscar Wilde<br>
[/sig]

We already have the asp pages working on one web server, we are trying to set up a new web server for our client, and that is where the pages won't run, So since they all run fine on our web Server, I believe the problem lies somewhere on the Web Server itself, or in the setting s, I dont know. Thanks anyway [sig][/sig]

Did you apply the microsoft IIS Hotfix ? (Q269862)

As i said elsewhere on that site, i've that error (500)about my asp since i've applied that F!!!!!G fix.
I had to reinstall IIS to erase asp.dll, and afterward, hop!, NO more problemor. (except about the traversal vulnerability, of course).

@+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back