Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP pages not opening in IIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishath

Programmer
Jan 20, 2004
US
I installed IIS on my Windows 2000 Professional system. When I try to open IIS from Control Panel --> Administrative Tools, I'm not able to open it, Infact nothing happens when I click on it.

Also, I have ASP scripts which access databases on FAT32 partition (IIS is installed in NTFS partition). The ASP scripts are not working. I gave Full Permission for "Web Anonymous user" for the "asp.dll" file.

Is it just the script that accesses the database that isn't working? Or are no ASP scripts working?

I've never had to mess with the permissions on asp.dll... however, you must make sure that execute permissions exist on the folder in which your script files reside.

How are you accessing the database? Are you using a DSN? Or opening the database directly?

If you can't get into the IIS Admin, it sounds like a permissions problem; did you install IIS as Administrator? Do static HTML pages display, if you type ?

Need more info if we're going to ferret out your problem.

--Greg

Sorry for the delay in replying Greg! I was out of station.
The ASP script was working fine before...but after I had to reinstall Windows 2000 Professional, I'm getting this problem.

I gave execute permission to "web anonymous users" for the folder which contaings my scripts. Now, I'm able to get the initial ASP form, I created. But, when I click submit to write to my Database (which is in FAT32 partition), nothing happens, after sometime I get
Code:
The page cannot be displayed 
There are too many people accessing the Web site at this time. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the home page, and then look for links to the information you want. 
HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Background:
This error can occur if the Web server is busy and cannot process your request due to heavy traffic.

More information:
Microsoft Support
So, I think, it has something to do with IIS. I'm not sure what it is. Reqeusting your help in this!
Thanks in advance,

Hmmm... sounds like maybe a runaway script?

Are you closing the database connections when finished with them?

--Greg

yes! I'm closing the database connection when I'm done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back