Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP pages not loading with IIS 5.0 on Windows 2000 Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fchan

MIS
Jul 2, 2001
US
Hi,

I recently removed and re-installed the IIS 5.0 component on my Windows 2000 server and now my asp pages will not display. All my html pages display correctly, but I get a "Page Not Found" error when I try to view an asp page. I checked my permissions and I am using the Internet Guest Account for my anonymous access. The Internet Guest account has read and execute permissions.

I'm not sure what else needs to be done to display my asp pages. Any suggestions?

oh boy, I can't remember exactly what I did. It's either one of two things.

asp.dll needs to be re-registered or you need to run from the c:\inetpub\adminscripts folder the following.

cscript synciwam.vbs

Either one should be safe to do at anytime. It would help to know what your event log says.

Let me know how it turns out.

tom1101,

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, it didn't fix the problem. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

When asp pages shows a "Page Not Found", it´s often followed by a error message..

Can u locate this?

Ok, go into internet explorer and in the options, uncheck the box that says "show friendly error messages". Then, you will be able to see what the problem is hopefully.

When I uncheck the "show friendly error messages" I get the following error message, "Server Application Error."

The error message that comes with the "Page cannot be found" is an HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error.

I've tried re-registering the asp.dll and that doesn't work either. I really do not want to have to reinstall my the operating system. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Did u make sure that "execute permissions" is set properly? i.e. Scripts & executables.

Yes, I tried to set the "execute permissions" to "scripts & executables" and it did not fix the problem. Thanks for trying.

if you throw an index.htm file in the folder and set the default doc to index.htm, does it work?

Yes, all my html pages load fine. Its just my asp pages that don't.

Hey Tom11011...

Dude... I am so happy that I remembered your post here. I was fooling around with a my first web server and was not getting .ASP to work. Then I remembered something about running a script. And after I ran the synciwam.vbs script it worked.

Thanks again.

Rnady Bang...
Bang...
Crap...
I am dead...

I had that problem recently when I installed IIS 5.0, it fixed itself when I just used the Add/remove programs to remove it, reboot, and then add it again, all I had to do was then add the virtual dir CertSrv (for my certificate authority web enrollment)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back