Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Pages come up as 'Page Not Found'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShotoCon

Technical User
Apr 27, 2008
US
Can anyone help.

Have set up a Virtual Server to develop some systems for myself before putting them live on an actual server - done this with several pieces of web-tech software (mainly coldFusion).

Am trying to create a fairly simple ASP app but when i try to view any of the ASP (.asp) pages i just get an error message saying 'Page Not Found'. Even configuring the folder to allow directory browsing and clicking on the file shows the same page - strange eh? I am able to access .aspx files, just not .asp.

Anyone have any idea why and how to solve?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I think this is an IIS problem rather than a Virtual Server one - check the virtual directory's properties and click the 'configuration' button. Make sure there is a application mapping for .asp files, otherwise the server won't know what to do with them. If you need to add a mapping, my settings are as follows:

Executable: C:\WINNT\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll
Limit to: GET,HEAD,POST,TRACE
'Script engine' and 'Check that file exists' are both checked.

Regards

Nelviticus

Hey Nelviticus,

Thanks for the tip. Turns out it was an IIS problem, although not that one that you had pointed out. In the web site extensions console asp pages were marked as prohibited, allowed them and it works fine :)

Thanks for you tip though, it was whilst i was in there that I noticed it.

ShotoCon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back