Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Pages & Stored Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstrong

MIS
Dec 18, 2000
GB
Hey all,

OK, we have some stored procedures in one of our test databases which are called from an ASP page on our intranet.

The sp is only a simple INSERT statement and only inserts one row each time the SP is called.

This works just fine from Query Analyser.

However, when called from a ASP page, it won't work. The only way it works is if we have a SELECT statement in the SP! I will be posting this within an ASP forum also but I was wondering if any of you had seen this before as it sounds pretty bizarre to me!!

By the way, the error on the ASP page is that the Recordset is Closed. I did not write the ASP code and have pretty much no knowledge of it!!

Thanks!
Clive

Without seeing the code, my guess is that it's the ASP code, doing stuff that's not the usual method.

You don't need a recordset, per se, to insert a record. You can create an ADO Command object, set its properties so that it points to your INSERT stored proc and to an active ADO connection, and execute the ADO Command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back