Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Page(s) - Database Results Error - When adding drop down box

Status
Not open for further replies.

chutcheson

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2002
US
I have several ASP pages on my website that do not work. Im running IIS6.0 on WIN2K3 w/sharepoint2.0

Active Server Pages are enabled
Sharepoint is set to ignore ASP
Sharepoint allows ASP

Most of the ASP pages work, it's only the ones that pass parameters that don't work. If I'm just returning data, everything works fine. If I choose a data type to return I get the error= Database Results Error Contact Administrator.

Any ideas?
Thanks

How are you passing these parameters on the pages that do not work?

Tony
reddot.gif WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=2 VSPACE=3

Im using Frontpage 2002, to create the database results fields. Then adding a drop down to select the criteria that I want to query against. If I just bring back the data it works, but when I add the drop down I get the error.

seems to be working with everything except dates?!?!?!?

if the DB is Access are you encapsulating the dates in # # when querying them

[/sub]

The data is coming from a SQL server. If I substitute the hardcoded dates into the query it runs and displays the page w/data. If I insert a parameter for the user to type in the date from a text box it gives me an error.

Could you perhaps post the relevant code and we could review from there?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
--Dou

Better late than never, I didn't post back when I figured the problem out, but "fpdbrgn1.inc" was giving me grief when it was replaced whenever I would use the DRW in Frontpage. I replaced this file with a backup and everything started working fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back