Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP page inside ASPX page = possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

creativeedg10

Technical User
Feb 16, 2011
US
Is there a way to insert an .asp page into a .aspx page? I am trying to integrate a table from the asp page into the current aspx conversion of a mobile site. I am new to ASP and .NET; therefore, I am seeking ways to start.

Thank you in advance for your help.

It may be worthwhile to clone and re-tool the asp page so that it is just the table so that you can IFRAME it.

Lodlaiden

A lack of experience doesn't prevent you from doing a good job.

I can see this, but I'd like to avoid frames if possible because it's not up to code standards. However, I too want to avoid a duplicate page because my purpose here is to only update one page in maintenance. This would be the main web site page. In doing so, I'd like to have the mobile site page update automatically because of this nested connection.

There's a difference between using a FRAMESET and an IFRAME.
You need to expand on what type of content you're trying to show. It sounded like you had a datagrid or some other editable content.

If it's just static data, like a maintenance page, then you may want to look at just retooling it to be mobile friendly.

Lodlaiden

A lack of experience doesn't prevent you from doing a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back