Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Output with $ and 2 decimal places 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyck3

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
US
Being unsure of where to post this, I posted it another group and I was guided to post my inquiry here... so HELP? :)

I hope this is easy and I hope I explain it properly... as I am a novice.

I have the following code on my ASP page and it works, but the value does not show the $ from the Access Database or the 2 decimals.

I have the field set to Currency using the dollar sign and the format is set to 2 decimals but when I pull with my ASP form the Access database it shows no information if its .00 cents and if its 5 decimal places it shows them all. This is a price list and it should show as follows for example: $36.45 and not 36.457945

Or if its $36.00 it should not show just 36 I need all output in dollar to show the dollar sign and force 2 decimal places whether .00 or .46

Here is one of the lines of code.. is there something I can add to do this?

<td class="maintitle_2"><p align="center">&nbsp;<%= objRSsearch.Fields("lcd_std_tax_cost").Value %></p></td>

Thank you in advance

LadyCK3
aka: Laurie :)

Ok, BigRed1212, I OFFICALLY LOVE YOU ... I'm kissing stars all over you :) Well if I could rain upon you a bazillion, I would do so... I'm so much a novice on this stuff and don't even know how to start searching for info because I know what it is I want, but am not sure the tools or functions to get me there.

THIS IS PERFECT!!!! (and I love my husband the most, sorry) :) But this has made my life so MUCH easier!!!

Thanks SO MUCH!!!!

LadyCK3

Probably worth your while running through the simple tutorials for VBS and ASP available - a good start here:

Steam Engine Prints

thanks John.... I have two new bookmarks :) I appreciate your time!

LadyCK3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back