Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Open Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

T111

Programmer
Jun 28, 2003
IE
I deployed the site to Test Web Server 2003 IIS 6.0. However when I try open excel through the web page I get this (in event viewer). Note all works fine on development machine.
"The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {000C101C-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."
I added everyone (including ASPNET, Network Service and IIS_WPG) using dcomcnfg "Microsoft Excel Application" - > Security Tab
Excel Process is created (Task Manager) but it’s just not visible. Tried code to just open an excel file but same error as above.
Any help appreciated!

When logged in to the Test Web Server, can you open excel spreadsheets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back