Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP newbie 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammer1221

Programmer
Jul 30, 2003
US
HAHA that rhymed but any ways. I was wondering how you would get ASP for example would you just be able to use ASP from your server, or is there a way to get it on your computer like how you can test PHP right on your computer using (after you download it to your computer of course) also how much would ASP cost or is it free....My last question is whats the difference between ASP and ASP.NET and what database would you use for either
Thank You very much
Jammer1221

If you have a copy of IIS, you will need to install that to enable ASP on your system. IIS comes with Win2K, and XP Pro, but you could use a personal web server with Win98 to accomplish this as well. If you do have IIS or PWS, ASP is free. The only cost involved (as far as I know) is the cost of the OS, which includes the ASP server.

When you create ASP pages, save them to the "Inetpub" folder that is created when installing IIS. From there, you can open IE and access your pages with "
I hope I've helped. Good Luck.

actually uve made alot clear...but I already have apache running on my computer..could I run asp on an apache server or would i have to use ISS or Personal Web Server to use ASP..can asp run simultaneously with PHP...and inorder for me to get ASP I need to have IIS ...like theres no possible way around that.
Thanks Alot..your sure helpin me out
Jammer1221

Alrite thank you very much...but can asp run with php. like can you have to server side languages at once. Becuase i ve noticed almost all commercial host's don't offer PHP with ASP. Thank you all for help.
Jammer1221

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back