Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP.NET VB Shopping Cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNeems

Programmer
May 17, 2008
US
I am trying to figure out how to create a shopping cart in VB.NET on my ASP website. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this. I have tried sessions and cookies and I cant get it. Maybe I am just doing something wrong. can some one else suggest how to do this? Can i get some quick example code?
I do not want anything complicated. I just want to be able to move data from one site to another

If you go to:

you will see that what you talking about is essentially commercial software and not a simple or easy project.

I would be surprised if someone would simply hand you the code for a decent cart with the required security elements and all the bells and whistles, but I'll watch to see if it happens.

BigRed
Thanks for the post but that is not what i meant. I am just trying to figure out how to be able to transfer over all the data in cookies or a session whatever is best. Just the simple code that allows me to do this.

Not a whole made shopping cart

This forum is specifically for classic ASP, not ASP.NET

Please read faq222-2244 to why posting in the wrong forum is counterproductive for the questioner and responder - the post will probably be dumped as off-topic and the information will be lost to future viewers.

Please repost in forum855 and then come back and red-flag this thread.

Steam Engine Prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back