Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP.NET Site Search Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsnrub

Programmer
Mar 6, 2002
AU
Hi everyone,
I have redeveloped our company web site. All pages have been developed in ASP.NET and all pages inherit from master pages.

The site has now been published, and I am working on adding search functionality to the site.

I have been using Microsoft Indexing Service and have had some success. However I have found that I ran into problems retrieving the DocTitle and Abstracts associated with the pages.

To this end I have trialled a third party iFilter (from IFilterShop) which seems to work well and overcome problems using master pages and page titles within the @Page directive.

Naturally there is a cost involved with this iFilter. So, I thought that as I am looking at spending some money on the iFilter, I should investigate third party search tools that are available as they might provide extra functionality beyond what I will achieve developing my own solution.

Can anyone make any recommendations on these third party search tools (or any other search mechanisms you have found useful) within their ASP.NET sites?

I would appreciate any information that you could provide on what you have found to be useful in achieving this very common web site requirement.

Many thanks in advance,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back