Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP.NET Pages Permission Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

steinshouerj

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2003
US
I get the following error when I try to access a .aspx file.

HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.

I am running Windows 2003 with IIS 6. .html and .asp files located in the same web directory work. I also have URLScan 2.5 installed but I made sure that ASP.net files are allowed. I have also tried reinstalling and using ASP.NET 1 and 2.

The the IUSR and ASPNET accounts have read, list, and execute ntfs permissions on the directory. I have tried all combinations of IIS permissions without any luck. The site is set to allow anonymous access.

Is there any other directories besides the web directory that the ASPNet and IUSR account would need access to? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is it one specific file or all of them?

If all of them, did you enable ASP.Net? Add/Remove Programs > Windows Components > Application Server > Details > ASP.NET > OK > Next > Finish

Thanks for your reply. It is all .aspx files.

I did enable ASP.NET. I also made sure it was an allowed Web Service Extension in IIS.

I found the problem. The default NTFS permissions were changed for security reasons. I needed to give IUSR_Machine read and execute access to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET. Now things are working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back