Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

asp.net dll caching

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjc

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2001
GB
on my dev box, any updates I make are immediately reflected in the browser window as you'd expect.
Any changes I make locally I have to copy to the intranet server so everyone else can get access to them. Problem is when I copy up the changed aspx and the .dll, I see the aspx changes but eventhough the right copy of the .dll is in the bin directory on the server I don't see the changes. It seems to have cached the old version and refuses to relinquish it. I have restarted the and it's still using the old version. Rebooting the server is not an option so how do I get the remote server to show the up to date content in the new .dll ?

you can try killing the aspnet_wp process in the task manager. This will definitely cause the temporary jit compiled dll that your app runs off of to be refreshed, although I would have expected restarting iis would have done it, also.
penny1.gif
penny1.gif

The answer to getting answered -- faq855-2992

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back