Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

asp.net Database Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

l310564

Programmer
Jun 18, 2006
GB
Hello,

I think my head is about to explode.

I have a flash application that connects to a asp.net web service. The flash application allows people to logon and query/ update the database through the web service, they can be logged on for hours and continuously be accessing the database.

I think I'm right in saying that every time the flash application queries the web service it creates a new instance of the web service.

My question is that if this is the case is it better to login and then log off the sql server every time any one function is called, or is it better to place a the login code in the global.aspx Application_Start function and then
do all the database queries under the same login?

Thanks,
Hugh

If knowlege can create problems it is not through ignorance that we will solve them.

Isaac Asimov

logging onto the dabase is independent of logging into the application. I have an FAQ on using raw ADO.Net objects to manage database connections. see my signature below for details.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back