Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP.Net Compact Framework install troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

phbrady

Programmer
Oct 17, 2003
US
Hi all,

I have installed the .Net Compact Framework 2.0 on my Windows 2000 Terminal Server. It shows up in the list of installed applications but my application returns the following error:

----------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

----------------------------

The customErrors tag DOES have mode set to Off.

I looked in the WINNT folder for the Framework\2.0x folder but it does not exist, thus I cannot run aspnet_regiis.exe.
I tried re-installing the Compact Framework 2.0 to no avail. I also tried installing the Framework 2.0 SDK but it tells me that the Framework 2.0 is not installed! Is there another Framework 2.0 besides the Compact Framework? If so, I can't find it on MSDN.

Thanks in advance!

The Compact Framework is for mobile devices..... You develop for mobile devices on the PC wit the regular framework.

Overview
The Microsoft® .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Redistributable contains the common language runtime and class libraries built for the .NET Compact Framework. In addition to supporting version 2.0, it also supports applications developed for version 1.0 and service pack releases before version 2.0.

This download includes a CAB installation workaround for Windows Mobile 5.0 devices with low memory.

Important: This redistributable enables running .NET Compact Framework applications on the Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone Edition, Smartphone, and other Windows CE powered devices. To develop .NET Compact Framework applications, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SDK are required.

This package uses ActiveSync 4.0 to update the device. Be sure to dock your device first before running NETCFSetupv2.msi. If your device is not docked, ActiveSync will store the CAB file until the time when you dock your device. Those not using ActiveSync can run the CAB files which match the device found in the install folder directly on the device.

Yeah, I just found the framework 2.0 install files and installed it on the server but I'm still getting the same message.

OK, I figured it out. I ran aspnet_regiis.exe -iru
-enable, then I went into IIS and pulled up the properties of the virtual directory for my app. There is an ASP.Net tab on the properties window and you have to manually set the app version for 2.0.x. It now works great. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back