Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP.NET 2.0 Webform compilation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIREMESH

Programmer
Mar 15, 2004
US
I have a ASP.NET application developed primarily using DOTNET 2.0 framework. For myriad reasons too detailed to discuss here the application was developed without using Visual Studio. Further, all of the forms and code are contained in .ASPX file (I.e no code behind files).
When application changes are made the .aspx files are copied to the inetpub\ directory. When the .ASPX file is referenced via web browser, the dotnet environment recompiles the aspx file. This process has worked well for years.

We are now moving the application to a new virtual server, when I attempt to run the application on the new server (
Something on the new server configuretion is not recognizing my MyComponents Namespace stored in :
c:\inetpub\

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'MyComponents.DataObject' is not defined.

Source Error:

Line 34: PUBLIC cmdUpdate AS OleDbCommand
Line 35:
Line 36: PUBLIC oData AS New MyComponents.DataObject

Source File: C:\inetpub\    Line: 36

Compiler Warning Messages:
Warning: BC40056: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'MyComponents' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.
Source Error:
C:\inetpub\Line 11: Imports System.Data.OleDb
Line 12: Imports System.Data.SqlClient
Line 13: Imports MyComponents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back