Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asp.net 2.0 createUserWizard control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidro

MIS
Sep 28, 2002
US
hi folks.
I've just started to play around with asp.net 2.0,
and I have a question about the "CreateUserWizard" control.

When I place that control into my aspx page, I get a user,password,confirm,email,security questions,answers fields. My question is, suppose I want to add my own fields like firstname, lastname, captcha,ect.
How do I do this? Or whats the right way to do it?
thanks in advance.

alright, further reading revealed that to use any other database or customization rather than the Asp.net 2.0 membership provider that came with Visual studio 2005, we are required to write our own membership provider.

Bah!I really thought I could just drop the CreateUserWizard control into my webform,use the database I prefer, and play around with some settings to customize my form. But Im stuck on having to write more codes.

Why cant MS provide more membership provider to handle different types of database rather than their SQL.

It be quicker to just use FormAuthentication like in Asp.net v1.1, and wait for someone to write the providers and share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back