Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP in JavaScript

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdire

Programmer
Oct 17, 2001
RO
Hi,

Do you know a good site with tutorials about ASP in JavaScript/
I just learned JavaScript and I don't want to waste time to learn VB.

Many thanks,
Mihai

Hmm.. If you are saying what I think you're saying, in that you want to use JavaScript as the language for your Server Side code in ASP, I don't think you're going to get very far. The nice thing about ASP is that one small reference book will get you going pretty good with ASP/VBScript. You don't necessarily have to learn all of VB to be able to use it in ASP effectively.

Anyways, I don't know of any sites that offer actual tutorials, especially for JavaScript as the language. But here's the book I started with and it is very good, especially for beginners.

ASP Developers Guide, Greg Buczek

Look the author up at Amazon.com. Make sure you get the book with the CDRom included.

ToddWW

I want to say that you can change the defualt language for ASP from VBScript to Javascript in IIS. That way the server will interpret all the ASP code as Javascript instead of VBScript........You might want to research that before you try to learn a new language.

The language directive tells the ASP processor which scripting language is used in the script. It must be the first line in your script.
<% @ LANGUAGE=&quot;VBScript&quot; %> is the default.
<% @ LANGUAGE=&quot;JScript&quot; %> is JScript which is so similar to Javascript that you may never stumble across the differences.
<% @ LANGUAGE=&quot;JavaScript&quot; %> if you have a JavaScript interpreter installed on your server.
<% @ LANGUAGE=&quot;PerlScript&quot; %> if you have Active Pearl installed on your NT server.

This does not involve changing defaults on IIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back