Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP files into CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

spradeepraj

Programmer
Apr 13, 2001
IN
hi all,
I have created asp files and it's working fine using PWS. but now i want those files in cd, for weather it is possible?
or any other suggestions mail me : spradeepraj@dsqsoft.com
Delphidhasan

You need IIS or an ASP aware server to interpret the ASP pages. HTML files are interpreted by the browser, so you can run them from a CD but ASP is interpreted at the server level.

To do what you suggest (putting a dynamic web site on a CD) certainly can be done.

The problem is that you need to rewrite this application without ASP as a client-side DHTML application.

For best results you may really need to create what MS calls an HTML Application.

These can do practically everything a single-user ASP application could do - and more! You will also be able to use your HTML and VBScrpt skills. It might not take a lot of work to modify your ASP pages to work under such a scheme.

There is a good sample at
You need to scroll down that page to find it, or perhaps by now he's moved this download to another part of the site. Might be a place to begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back