Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asp files don't open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku

Programmer
Sep 2, 2001
What can be reason that my asp files dont't open on IIS5.
*.htm files opens correctly. F: Riku Tuominen
riku.tuominen@benchmarking.fi

Then maybe your ASP engine is not working. Check the properties for your server in IIS manager.
You can specify the configurations for all such a modules.
HTM file are working, well this is the duty of a webserver. But for files like ASP, PHP, DLL, etc, they need a special module for each of them.
ALso, don't forget that ASP is linked with MST (Microsoft Transaction Server). Gia Betiu
m.betiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5

does it say file not found? give you an internal server error like a 500 or something? to make sure you are getting the proper errors in ie go to tools >ineternet options > advanced > and uncheck "show friendly http error messages". that will give you a better idea of your actual error.

It's giving "internal server error like a 500".
I'll try the other tips. F: Riku Tuominen

"But for files like ASP, PHP, DLL, etc, they need a special module for each of them.
ALso, don't forget that ASP is linked with MST (Microsoft Transaction Server)."

What can I do about that?

F: Riku Tuominen

Go to Internet Services Manager.
There you have Default site, and other virtual directories.
All these have a Properties. If you go there, you will see, in the first tab (Virtual Directories or Home Directory if it is Default Web Site ) the option Configuration. Click on it. You should be able to see there if in that list of App Mappings there is ".asp". Check if everything looks ok there.
And, the rest,... maybe you can have a remote access. Then I could take a look. Gia Betiu
m.betiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back