Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP execute on click

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatik

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
US
Is there a way other than using a submit form to have an asp command execute when a link is clicked on?

For example:

<td class="menu"><a href="<%Session("Order")="Project_Number"%>">Project Number</a>
</td>

However, this example just executes all of the asp commands, rather than executing it when the link is clicked. I do not want to use forms to submit, nor do I want to use the ahref="page?variable=value mehtod.

Any suggestions?

ASP is exclusively server-side technology. It can only do something when a request -- either a form or just a simple URL -- is submitted to the server. If you want the page to do something without making a request of the server, you're talking about client-side technology. The most popular client-side technology is Javascript. The forum here is forum216.

If that's not what you're talking about, what do you want the page to do? Remember, somehow the server must be notified that you want somethng done.

>>I do not want to use forms to submit

use IFRAMES, in ur IFRAME u can call (by clicking on the link) an ASP that will set the value...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back