Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Editor created by Frontpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

learjetman

IS-IT--Management
Dec 28, 2000
US
Products (Frontpage 2002 & Access 2002)

I seem to have run into a problem.
Frontpage has a built in ASP generator, it makes submit, results, and an database editor pages. The problem is not with the submit or results pages, but with the database editor page. Everything works fine, but when I go to edit an exsisting record it gives me this exact error:

Database Results Error
Description: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression ''' MainID = '1' InspectorCompanyName = '0''.
Number: -2147217900 (0x80040E14)
Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers

One or more form fields were empty. You should provide default values for all form fields that are used in the query.

First I racked my brain searching and editing the html and asp code, but got no where. Then I searched the Microsoft Knowledge Base and found a maybe answer to my problem. It said I have to go in and edit the update.asp page and change the line {TimeStamp} = '::TimeStamp::' to [TimeStamp] = '::TimeStamp::' the one problem I run into is that line doesnt exsist. So I dont have a clue where to put it. If that isn't the problem please tell what it is.
Thanks Alot

Frontpage is a nice program but completely useless for developping ASP applications.
The reason is the fact that you need a 100% comprehension (better: 500% since you have to add PWS/IIS, JScript, ADO, HTML, DHTML, Netcape/IE compatibility issues...) of how ASP is working.

If you try to automate all this in using Frontpage the result will be very poor.

I recommend that you have a close look at ASP and then simply use either Frontpage's HTML window or any word processor to create your ASP pages.

Is there any chance you can post the connection string and query details from your asp page that is causing the problem.

bye

Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back