Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Debugger Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

engelman

Programmer
Nov 19, 2003
US
I am having a major problem with my Visual InterDev 6 ASP debugger.

When I launch the debugger, I get the message "Unable to find server. Unable to set server into correct debugging state automatically. You may not be able to debug ASP pages. Do you want to continue launching the debugger?".

In IIS, I've enabled server side debugging for my virtual domains, and set Application Pooling for each domain to "Medium".

I notice that when I start the VID ASP debugger, it switches Application Pooling for the web domain to "High", which effectively prevents the debugger from operating.

I'm running Win XP Pro SP2, and debugging local web domains.

Please advise if you have any ideas.

Thanks, Stu Engelman

Not sure if Application Pooling being set to "High" is necessarily your issue. In my environment, I have it set to "High" by default and have no problems getting it to correctly debug the application. The problem may reside elsewhere. You might also try this thread to see if it can help: thread117-730053

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am not young enough to know everything."
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll try out the advice in your other post and let you know what happens.

Thanks again, Stu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back