Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP database error (readonly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunady

Programmer
Mar 26, 2001
ID
I have a big problem with my ASP using Access database. I have coded some ASP pages and it works succesfully at my home and then I bring it to my office and it doesn't work. I am using IIS both at home and office.

Error message :
Error Type:
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E09)
Cannot update. Database or object is read-only.
/gunady1/additem.asp, line 7

Thing that makes me confious (and angry) is it works succesfully at my home but it doesn't work anymore at my office. Wrong with my IIS setting??
Please someone help me..

are you using the same database at home as at the office, or just the same asp files? Right click on the database and check out the properties to see if the database is marked as "read only". If so, uncheck it.

Also, make sure your folders that contain your web site are not designated as "read only" in the permissions.

That's where I'd start and that should be your only problem. Thing is, your administrator at work probably set up different profiles and permissions throughout the server and set it as read only. -Ovatvvon :-Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back