Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Connect SQL Server using OLE DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpauly

Programmer
May 11, 2001
Folks,

My question is for someone to show me some code or help to use OLE DB, SQL Server and SQL Server Authentication in an ASP.

I'm trying to use the asp page with passed parameters to show a report using backend SQL Server. I can get the report to show in design mode. SQL login and password works fine.

However, when trying to use asp page I'm getting the dreaded "Error Occurred Reading Records: Server has not yet been opened." I've looked at crystal decisions web site for help but no clue. I think this is caused by the login and password not being set in asp. Web Server and SQL Server are on different machines.

In ASP, I've seen several examples to connect using ODBC and SetLoginInfo. I've gotten this to work, but I need to use OLE DB as the connection.

My question is for someone to show me some code to use OLE DB, SQL Server and SQL Server Authentication in an ASP.

Can someone please help!
Paul Millard
San Jose, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back