Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP component to display excel spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

silversurfer

Programmer
Nov 8, 2000
GB
Hi there!

I try to build an ASP component with VB, which reads in an excel spreadsheet and diplays it as a asp page.
I am relativley new to ASP Components and VB, and all I managed so far is opening Excel with a click on an asp page button...

Aeh, but i don't want stop here. Where can I get a good description of all the built in objects an properties? Or maybe there is somebody out there who can give me a bit of advice how to get into this built in object stuff. Is far as I know, there are plenty of object and methods out there, but how to access/use them would be helpful to know :)

I know that I have to reference to different object libaries in VB, thats not the problem. But for example if I have opened an application, how do I create a new doccument, or open an excisting one and write/read from it?

Your help is much appreciated!

I'm not sure I understand you. It seems you want to work with the ActiveX interface to Excel, is that correct?

If so you want to use the documentation on MSDN under the 'Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Object Model Guide'. If you do not have a MSDN CDROM you can to to
Good luck
-pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back