Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Classic duplicated variables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2001
US
At the top of an classic asp page I set the variable:
CustomerID = Request.QueryString("CustomerID")

At the bottom is a back button. When they click it more than once the CustomerID duplicates appending the same value with commas.

<input type="button" value="Next Week ----->" onclick="window.location.href = 'InvoiceItem_list1Week.asp?txtDate=plusweek&CustomerName=CustomerName&CustomerID=<%=CustomerID%>'">

Any ideas on how to prevent appending duplicates?

Regards,

Rob

>Any ideas on how to prevent appending duplicates?
I think the problem would be in the code that executes in InvoiceItem_list1Week.asp ?? For starters, you should show that code.

I may have figured it out. But I need some understanding of how to handle a value passed with spaces & '&':

This causes duplicates:
<input type="button" value="Next Week ----->" onclick="window.location.href = 'InvoiceItem_list1Week.asp?txtDate=plusweek&CustomerName=CustomerName&CustomerID=<%=CustomerID%>'">

This does NOT:
<input type="button" value="Next Week ----->" onclick="window.location.href = 'InvoiceItem_list1Week.asp?txtDate=plusweek&CustomerID=<%=CustomerID%>&CustomerName=CustomerName'">

Key her is putting the value which has spaces and other special characters in it last.

Regards,

Rob

I may have figured it out. But I need some understanding of how to handle a value passed with spaces & '&':

URLEncode()

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

and;

thread333-306528

thread333-772870

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

I agree with Chris about Server.URLEncode, but I still don't get how this causes "duplicates appending the same value with commas". Has to be something in the code in InvoiceItem_list1Week.asp, and I'm not sure the URLEncode will fix that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back