Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP (classic) CDO emails to a mac server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCandyman

Technical User
Sep 9, 2002
US
Hi All,

I have been using a third party that hosts my website and front end (smart host) email server. These have been running on two different Windows 03 boxes and everything has worked as expected for a long time; i can email using CDO from an asp webpage on IIS to the email server and the email is sent out. Over the weekend the email server had a hardware failure so he switched to a mac email server. I don't know which one, only that's it's really small and has no cooling fans. Emails are coming in again but my whole website is broken. Is there a script i need to use to send emails through a mac server? This is what i have been using with Win03 IIS to Win03 email server:

sch = " "
Set cdoConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

With cdoConfig.Fields
.Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2
.Item(sch & "smtpserver") = "mail.xxxxxx.net"
.update
End With

Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
Set objMail.Configuration = cdoConfig
objMail.From = email
objMail.To = toemail
objMail.Subject = "Email Message"
objMail.HTMLBody = strBody
objMail.Send

Set objMail = Nothing
Set cdoConfig = Nothing

As long as the SMTP Server name points to a valid mail server address that accepts mail on port 25 it does not matter what OS the mail server is on.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back