Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

asp and interdev.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgonzalez

Programmer
Aug 2, 2000
MX
Hello

I before have used Interdev whith IIS to make ASP pages but now I want do them whithout use a web server only in a test I am using ultra edit to make it whithout a web server but when browse it don't go to page that a write(<form...the server asked me if I want download a file(myfile.asp)!!!!

Someone know what could be the reason....is necesary use a web server to see asp pages??

Thanks

Yes -- it is necessary to use a web server to view ASP pages -- but it doesn't have to be IIS --

do a search on your hard drive for &quot;Personal Web Server&quot; -- and when you find it's home page (it's on all win98 machines), then just follow the instructions on how to install it --

Once you have that up and running, you can test your pages on your win98 box

good luck! :)
Paul Prewett

keep in mind, PWS is an unsupported &quot;Toy&quot; webserver, it is much less secure, and much less stable than IIS. Karl Blessing aka kb244{fastHACK}
kblogo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back