Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP and Index Server Catalogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dummkopf

Programmer
Jul 29, 2000
US
www.gdsstudios.com
I have a hosted site.&nbsp;&nbsp;The catalog that is indexing my site sits at the physical directory c:\inetpubs\catalogdir\mycatalog<br>I can't seem to get the Q.Catalog method for the ixsso.Query object to find the catalog.&nbsp;&nbsp;I either get &quot;catalog not found&quot; errors for lines like the following:<br>Q.CreateRecordset(query://mycatalog) or<br>Q.CreateRecordset(query://catalogdir/mycatalog)<br>or &quot;network path not found&quot; errors for lines like the following:<br>Q.CreateRecordset(query://<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> tried looking in Microsoft KB, but as usual the info seems to be either redundant or non-informative.<br><br>I've pulled my hair out over this for the last three days.&nbsp;&nbsp;Any help would be greatly appreciated. <p>Kristian Damkjer<br><a href=mailto:kdamkjer@gdsstudios.com>kdamkjer@gdsstudios.com</a><br><a href= Dragon Studios</a><br>Web Site Designer and Developer

I've got this working now.&nbsp;&nbsp;It turns out that the problem was more communication than anything.&nbsp;&nbsp;In case you're wondering you need to put the name of the catalog as it appears in the MMC for Index server.&nbsp;&nbsp;In otherwords, in my example above, if the catalog that resides at c:\inetpubs\catalogdir\mycatalog appears as &quot;My Catalog&quot; in the MMC for Index Server, then the line of code for Q.Catalog would be:<br><br>Q.Catalog = &quot;My Catalog&quot;<br><br>(I also noticed a typo in my code above, I was getting those errors for Q.Catalog, not Q.CreateRecordset.&nbsp;&nbsp;The error didn't show until Q.CreateRecordset because Q.Catalog just defines a path) <p>Kristian Damkjer<br><a href=mailto:kdamkjer@gdsstudios.com>kdamkjer@gdsstudios.com</a><br><a href= Dragon Studios</a><br>Web Site Designer and Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back