Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP and cXML

Status
Not open for further replies.

chappi

Technical User
Aug 29, 2001
US
Ok, I'm at a loss here. I'm usually not that stumped and I'm sure there are easy solutions. I am working on a punchout project to request shopping cart items from another source. The site goes out to another site, displays their products and when it comes to add the items to the cart, the "other" site is supposed to send back a XML page to my site (the listener). I cannot figure out how I am going to parse the response and display it on the screen. I've searched and searched the Net up and down. If anyone has worked with something like this and could give me some hints, pointers or code, I'd be soooo grateful!

Thanks!
J~

One option would be to use an XMLHTTP object to request the remote data. If they are actually POSTing it to your site, then look at the value of Request.Form (without naming a collection item).

Either way you should be able to get it into an XMLDOM object. Here is an article that might be a good starting place:
-T

Best MS KB Ever:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back