Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.asp and Adobe Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgreenhouse

Technical User
Feb 20, 2000
CA
Okay...Surely someone else has run into this problem. When I install Adobe Photoshop, it usurps the .asp file extension for one of its file type. I try to change it back using the folder options/filetypes tab in Widnows Explorer, but the .asp file type is not listed. So I try and make a new file type association associating Windows explorer with .asp, but then it won't let me saying it's already in use. I can't figure out how to disable photoshop's use of the .asp extension other than totally uninstalling photoshop.

Anyone?

Ben [sig][/sig]

There's a simple explanation of how to do this on Adobe Photoshop's website. It involves something like hold down control + F10 and change the properties. You can find it, I have twice when I needed to....suggest you locate their faq or support page and search on asp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back