Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP 0223 TypeLib Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinkro

MIS
Dec 13, 2001
DE
Hello all,
I have a strange problem that I hope you might be able to help me with. The platform this is on is IIS 3.0 on NT 4.0 Server. We are getting a 0223 TypeLib_Not_Found error periodically when IIS tries to load the global.asa file. Please note the key word here is periodically as in once every week or so. The page associated with the object is in use daily so I'm at a loss as to why this happens randomly.
The com object in IIS was developed with interdev and here is the tag.

<!--METADATA TYPE=&quot;TypeLib&quot; NAME=&quot;Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library&quot; UUID=&quot;{00000205-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}&quot; VERSION=&quot;2.5&quot;-->

Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm assuming there really isn't any _ in that line

Hey,
I'm working with Sinkro to try and resolve this problem.
We've both found these pages that you replied with. They would be of help if the problem always occurred. However, it' only happens every once in a while. It been re-occurring for about 10 months now on one of our servers. At first it occurred every month or so. Now it's occurring every other week or so. So it's a more pressing issue with our user's. The weird thing is the error will only last for about 10 minutes or so, then it will fix itself and the web site will be up and working.
There are no &quot;_&quot; in the error message or the Meta tag.

-Subtwo

We installed a new version of ADO, 2.6 and the problem is still occurring. Does anyone out there have any ideas what could be causing this problem?

- Subtwo

Just checking again to see if anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

- Subtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back