Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASN Shipment Level Mainentance Misc Info tab 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

srmEDI

Technical User
May 31, 2010
US
Good afternoon. Started doing some outbound testing for our trading partners on Progression 7.7.300, and ran into what appears to be a problem. We have several customers that need information on the ASNs (EDI 856). Now, it is my understanding that when the shipping clerks process the shipment, much of this information, load number/routing ID for example, is supposed to be in the WMS Shipment Header and is on the BOL. However, when I generate the outbound transaction, these fields are not populated in the Misc Info tab. Am I missing something? Please tell me this is not information that will have to be manually entered for every ASN.

Sounds like you are referencing the first screen where you enter all the shipment information. If you are not using Macola WMS then some of the fields will need to be enter manually. If you are using WMS then these fields should be updated automatically by the WMS system.

The additional Misc info Tabs can be updated automatically or may need to be done Manually; it depends on the Format. Use the Print Format function to determine if they are being updated autmatically.

Also, in some cases these fields could be updated by the WMS system. Are you using Macola's WMS?

If you are not familar with the reading the format let me know.

NickPEG, again you have been a great help.

NickPEG, We are using Macola WMS (SAS). I have printed off the format and reviewed it. Although I do not have experience reading this, it does not seem difficult to determine the basic info to give to my IT guy. What I see is if the segment is to be populated by information from WMS or the Macola tables, then the filename of the table should be present (i.e. pro number is from EDBBCIFL), with the variable listed under the VARIABLE_NAME. Is this correct? If it is, then the routing number is not being pulled for this trading partner (as the filename is blank), and therefore it must be manually entered. Please let me know if that correct or not. And, if I am correct, do you know any other way to get these fields to update automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back