Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asmgr.exe - Dr Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynndawn

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
NL
Does anyone know what could be causing the following problem with our ArcServe 2000 sp3 backup?

When I go to Job Status in ArcServe Manager the system generates a Dr Watson error saying that Asmgr.exe caused an application error & then ArcServe Manager crashes.

Any help would be great thanks!

HI,

This is due to a corruption in the job queue folder.
Stop the job engine.
rename the 0000001.qsd
restar the job engine.

now try going to the job status window...

cheers
speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Yeah, that worked great until I created two jobs & now we're back to square one.

I'll probably just end up reinstalling as I keep getting media is full errors, etc. even though the program is set to overwrite any media.

Thanks for you help

Sounds stupid, but I had the same problem last week on 2 different systems. The DLT tapes I had in the drives were both from Unix systems, and once I spit those out, my problems went away.

Install sp4 it fixed my Dr Watsons.

I ran a server just fine for months and all of a sudden it started getting dr watsons. I initialized databases, resetup jobs, deleted the queues, and after a day or so, it was just happen again. It was a loosing battle. I've been running sp4 for a few weeks and no more trouble. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back