Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASM8/ Analog Station Module not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellphone

Technical User
Oct 29, 2017
US
Hi Everyone,

Unable to to get the ASM8/ Analog Station Module to work on my BCM50 R6. Here is the issue that I am getting. The stations are listed in element manager under active sets but all I get is clicking noises on all 8 ports and no dial tine. The lights are green on the module. I did check the dip switches and they are set to all on, to my understanding that should be all on. So I swapped out the patch cable from the BCM to the expansion unit and no luck. I also installed a new amphenol cable and still no luck. Then I changed the expansion ports from 2 to 1 and still no luck. My other expiation 4x16 COMBO Module is working fine.

Could it be that the ASM8/ Analog Station Module is bad?
Or am I just missing a setting or the dip switch?

Thanks

yes I did enable it in element manager and I do see the sets in element manager but no dial tone.

Have you got two expansion modules?. Is your BCM keycoded for one or two modules?.

The analogue sets will always show as active. In resources, you should see it as being enabled. Try disabling it and then enabling it.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Then I changed the expansion ports from 2 to 1"
What? where? how? what do you mean?

Does it say "Enabled" or "Enabling"
Sometimes you need to reboot.

Process
-Make sure you have a keycode : 2 Exp
-Make sure you choose the correct MBM name/part in the drop down on the corrected Expansion Port (most likely Expansion 2 for you)
-Make sure the MBM is seated in all the way
-If stuck on "Enabling" then reboot (FYI - if it was a DSM then install at least one set)

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hi Guys,

Thank you for all your help, here are the answers to your questions.

Then I changed the expansion ports from 2 to 1"
What? where? how? what do you mean?

I just plugged the patch cable from expansion port 2 to 1 on the BCM.

Does it say "Enabled" or "Enabling"
Sometimes you need to reboot.
Yes it does day Enabled and I did reboot the system about 3 times and showing green lights. .

Process
-Make sure you have a keycode : 2 Exp
Yes, the system has the keycodes for 2 expansion port.

-Make sure you choose the correct MBM name/part in the drop down on the corrected Expansion Port (most likely Expansion 2 for you)
Yes, I did select the correct MBM name and rebooted the system.

-Make sure the MBM is seated in all the way
-If stuck on "Enabling" then reboot (FYI - if it was a DSM then install at least one set)
Yes, its seated in all the way.
Port 1 has the 4x16 Module NT5B42AA and then port 2 has the ASM8.

The analogue sets will always show as active. In resources, you should see it as being enabled. Try disabling it and then enabling it.
I did that and no luck.

Thanks for answering question properly, lately some people cannot handle multiple questions and answer only some or none.

Well sounds like Cabinet or MBM, hard to blame a cabinet with 2 green lights but that might be your last stab and that is to swap cabinets with each other.
Swap the cabinets by swapping MBM's and the 2 patch cables on the BCM
After you swap cabinets:
Problem is the exact same - MBM issue
ATA8 works but now 4X16 does not - Cabinet issue

I did read an issue with earlier versions of the ATA8 where a bulletin was sent out, they could not download firmware.

Bad ones: NT5B16AAAE or NT5B16AAAF.
Good ones: NT5B16AAAJ or NT5B16AAAJE5 maybe more

Outta Ammo!!!

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks everyone,

I will swap cabinets and the MBM's and see if the will work and check the part numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back