Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASM to SBC link down

fondog2

Systems Engineer
Jan 19, 2006
US
Hello to all,
I am really stumped by this one. We turned up a new SIP trunk with new IP's. Trunk is up and numbers are ported. Remote workers are registered to it also. All my equipment is on 10.2 as well. So after verifying that the remote workers were all good we wanted to turn down the A1/B1 interfaces as the old circuit is being decommissioned. After doing so it stopped the service to the remote worker phones. I tried restarting the applications on both SBC's and also rebooting. I also noticed that it stops my connection to a third party IVR. I verified that the IP to route to the SBC was correct in the location for this SIP entity but it will not link up. Verified that the IP ASM is connecting to for the external IVR through the SIP trunk is correct and on the right interface. What am I missing for this?

Thank you,

Firewall?
IP Routing?
Non-standard SIP ports?
No options messages configured?

There are many reasons why a SIP entity link may not come up - I've listed some
What do traceSM and ptraceSBC show?

Matt,
Thank you. I did figure out the issue. Our network team is natting the external IP to internal. I finally got a trace showing the options being sent to the external IP but no responses. I then had network trace the route to the external IP and found he had a rule that was blocking it.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back